16 Jan How to Remove Header and Footer When Printing from eBIRforms on Windows 11
Are you tired of having unwanted text appear on the top and bottom of your printed eBIRforms documents? Even though Internet Explorer is no longer supported by Windows and was removed on Windows 11, eBIRforms still uses the Internet Explorer settings for printing, not the default browser. Follow these simple steps to remove the header and footer when printing from eBIRforms on Windows 11.
Step 1: Create an Internet Explorer script
- Open Notepad on your computer.
- Type in the following line of code:
- Save the file as ie.vbs (make sure to choose “All Files” as the file type when saving).
Step 2: Open Internet Explorer
- Click on the ie.vbs file that you just saved.
- Internet Explorer will open.
Step 3: Load a website and access the print settings
- Load any website in Internet Explorer.
- Click on the gear icon on the upper right corner of the browser.
- Choose “Print” and then “Page Settings.”
Step 4: Remove the header and footer
- In the Page Settings menu, you will see the option for “Header and Footer.”
- Set this to “Empty” or customize it to your liking.
- Be careful when handling VBScript. Make sure to save the file extension is “.vbs” and as “All Files” otherwise it won’t work.
- Make sure the website you’re trying to print from is fully loaded before accessing the print settings.
With these steps, you’ll be able to print your eBIRforms documents without any unwanted text on the top and bottom.